Designed by Decimus Burton for private occupation, this was the largest of all the houses in the park. It was turned over for use by an ecclesiastical college (Regent’s Park Baptists college) from 1854 until it was bombed in WW2 after which it was demolished.
St Katharine’s Lodge
On St Katharine’s Green, this house was used in conjunction with St Katharine’s hospital opposite, including as a WW1 hospital. In WW2 it was bombed and had to be demolished.
Further information can be found in the following publications:
- Martin Sheppard, Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill, 2010
- John Summerson, The Life and Work of John Nash, Architect, (Revised edition, London 1980)
- Michael Mansbridge, John Nash: A complete catalogue (London 1991)
- J Mordaunt Crook, London’s Arcadia: John Nash and the Planning of Regent’s Park, Soane Lecture, 2000
- Paul Rabbitts, The Regent’s Park: A Royal Partnership
- Ann Saunders, Regent’s Park, (2nd edition London 1980) which is now a little out of date