Regent’s University

The-Main-Campus-of-Regents-University-@-Peter-Jeffree

Originally the site of South Villa, built in 1816-17 probably to a design by Decimus Burton, only the Georgian Lodge remains. The main house survived into the 20th century. However, use by Bedford College, a university for women founded in 1880s, resulted in many changes and the addition of other educational buildings, including a library by SRJ Smith in 1908. Bedford College moved out to Egham in 1985 and the premises were taken over by Regent’s University instead, also for educational purposes.


More houses

Holford-House-1832-c@G.-MacKenzie

Houses originally part of the landscape

Find out more

Cumberland-Terrace-@Peter-Jeffree

Terraces enclosing Regent’s Park

Find out more

Hanover-Gate-Lodge

Hanover Gate Lodge

Find out more

Grove-House

Grove House

Find out more

St.-Johns-Lodge-@-Eugene-Regis-1-scaled

St John’s Lodge

Find out more

Winfield-House-@-Stephen-Crisp

Winfield House

Find out more

The-Holme-@-Peter-Jeffree

The Holme

Find out more