Sculptures that no longer existing or never built

The Swan Fountain Avenue Gardens The Swan fountain was first placed in Regent’s Park in 1863 in the Northern part of the Broadwalk but was moved to the Southern end to make way for the drinking fountain now known as the Readymoney fountain. The Swan fountain was designed by R. Westmacott the younger and executed […]

The Ornamental Well And Jelling Stone At The Danish Church

Jelling Stone

In St Katharine’s precinct off the Outer Circle is the Danish Church. In the centre of the courtyard, is an Ornamental Well, under which was the conduit supplying water when St Katharine’s was a hospital. A replica of a Medieval well head stands over it, which was erected in 1826 when the St. Katharine’s Order built a chapel in […]